We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Arcane Sanctuary (Diablo II)
- Were you looking for the quest The Arcane Sanctuary?
The Arcane Sanctuary is a dimension created by the mage Horazon, both to keep demon slaves within and to protect himself from outside threats. By the legend, Lut Gholein was built over the portal that leads to this place.
When the player enters the sanctuary, there are four possible paths to choose from. The four paths have essentially the same layout, but each has a different design to it: one path contains portals/teleporters, one with stairs and platforms in impossible geometric shapes (which turns out to be the bane of the minions/mercenaries' pathing AI), one another with regular stairs, and one with floor traps on completely flat surface. The paths, and particularly the stairs, are quite thin, making it hard for several people to traverse the sanctum.
The Specters of the sanctuary can spawn outside of the paths. While outside of said paths they can be killed by ranged attacks, but they will not drop anything when killed.
In terms of sheer size, the Arcane Sanctuary is by far the largest dungeon in the game. However, many of the tiles that make up the level are just black emptiness, making the actual size that you can travel in the Sanctuary much smaller.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Amazon: "Am I the first to find this arcane fortress?"
- Assassin: "The sanctuary, Horazon's obsession."
- Barbarian: "One could get lost in here."
- Druid: "This was not designed by nature's architect."
- Necromancer: "This is fantastic. I wish I had time to study this bizarre dimension."
- Paladin: "This surely is the product of a twisted mind."
- Sorceress: "This place actually distorts reality. Fascinating."
- Amazon: "What a freak."
- Assassin: "Summoner, the dark magics have corrupted you."
- Barbarian: "Stand aside, old fool. I have no time for your babblings."
- Druid: "This place would drive anyone mad."
- Necromancer: "This bumbling fool cannot be the mighty Horazon!"
- Paladin: "Surely the evil here has driven you mad."
- Sorceress: "Is this truly Horazon?"
- Amazon: "Good riddance freak."
- Assassin: "Horazon, your decoy is dead."
- Barbarian: "Oh I hate staining my hands with the blood of foul sorcerers."
- Druid: "Finally. Now I can leave this twisted nightmare."
- Necromancer: "He was not Horazon. He was a deluded fool who got too close to true power."
- Paladin: "Rest in peace tortured soul."
- Sorceress: "That couldn't have been Horazon. Poor wretch."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Surface||Rocky Waste • Dry Hills • Far Oasis • Lost City • Valley of Snakes • Canyon of the Magi|
|Dungeons||Sewers • Stony Tomb • Halls of the Dead • Maggot Lair • Ancient Tunnels • Claw Viper Temple • Harem • Palace Cellar • Arcane Sanctuary • Tal Rasha's Tomb • Tal Rasha's Chamber|