Zy-El is a modification (Mod) for the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction v. 1.09, created by Kato. It has been developed over a number of years and has a dedicated following of players. The style of Mod is best described as "a builder Mod" as not only do you build your character(s) as you play, most of the items you use will be "crafted" to suit your own individual needs. Zy-El gives more options and opportunities for crafting your own items than almost all, if not every other Diablo II Mod.
It all started way back in September 2002 with the release of version 1.00. The current version is 4.4C.
Features[edit | edit source]
- The players get 3 stat points and 1 skill point per level.
- All characters start with the Horadric Cube, an empty collector, a few cube scrolls, and a chipped gem. Nothing else is given.
- First skill is availible at level 5. Another is available every 5 levels after up to level 120.
- Resistance penalties are drastically increased.
- The player level is increased to 10000
- Monsters have increased walk/run/attack speeds, HP(8x/10x/12x), AC (2x/4x/8x), AR (3x/5x/8x), damage inflicted (2x/3x/5x), levels (3x/6x/12x).
Hirelings[edit | edit source]
In the Zy-El mod, the skills and abilities of Hirelings have been extensively modified from the original Diablo and Lord of Destruction standards. All hirelings now have up to 6 skills, but must be of sufficient level in order to use some of these skills. In addition, all hirelings now have passive skills and are capable of using more weapons.
All hirelings can equip any weapon or shield. Hirelings can not equip class items except for the Act 5 Barbarian Hireling. A hireling can either equip a weapon or a shield, not both at the same time.
Rogue (Act 1)[edit | edit source]
- The Rogue is a skilled master of the bow and is recommended to hire one at level 8.
- Weapons: Bow, Crossbow (not Amazon bows). Rogues also can equip melee or throwing weapon.
- Passive Skills: Critical Strike, Pierce, Natural Resistance, Increased Speed.
|Fire Rogue||Inner Sight||Fire Arrow||Immolation Arrow||Baal Inferno||Blade Shield||Bone Spirit|
|Cold Rogue||Inner Sight||Cold Arrow||Freezing Arrow||Baal Frostwave||Blade Shield||Bone Spear|
Desert Mercenary (Act 2)[edit | edit source]
- The Desert Mercenary is skilled in the art of hand to hand combat.
- Weapons: Any Weapon can be used but it is best for them to use a Spear or Polearm class weapon since they have a mastery in them.
- Passive Skills: Polearm Mastery, Spear Mastery, Iron Skin, Natural Resistance.
|Combat||Normal||Jab||Holy Fire||Charged Strike||Chain Lightning||Decrepify||Bone Armor|
|Combat||Nightmare||Jab||Thorns||Charged Strike||Chain Lightning||Decrepify||Bone Armor|
|Combat||Hell||Jab||Vengeance||Charged Strike||Chain Lightning||Decrepify||Bone Armor|
|Defense||Normal||Jab||Defiance||Charged Strike||Chain Lightning||Weaken||Bone Armor|
|Defense||Nightmare||Jab||Holy Freeze||Charged Strike||Chain Lightning||Weaken||Bone Armor|
|Defense||Hell||Jab||Defiance||Charged Strike||Chain Lightning||Weaken||Bone Armor|
|Offense||Normal||Jab||Blessed Aim||Charged Strike||Chain Lightning||Iron Maiden||Bone Armor|
|Offense||Nightmare||Jab||Might||Charged Strike||Chain Lightning||Iron Maiden||Bone Armor|
|Offense||Hell||Jab||Holy Shock||Charged Strike||Chain Lightning||Iron Maiden||Bone Armor|
Eastern Sorceror (Act 3)[edit | edit source]
- This Hireling is trained in the arts of magic and does not like to gets his hands dirty in hand to hand combat.
- Weapons: Any weapon can be used but since they do not like to enter melee combat it might be best to equip a shield items that is best for a caster.
- Passive Skills: Fire Mastery, Cold Mastery, Lightning Mastery, Increased Speed, Natural Resistance.
|Fire||Inferno||Fire Ball||Meteor||Baal Nova||Molten Boulder||Cyclone Armor|
|Cold||Arctic Blast||Frozen Armor||Ice Blast||Blizzard||Frozen Orb||Cyclone Armor|
|Lightning||Charged Bolt||Lightning||Chain Lightning||Thunder Storm||Fist of the Heavens||Cyclone Armor|
Barbarian Hireling (Act 5)[edit | edit source]
- The Barbarian likes to run into hand to hand combat and get his hands bloody.
- Weapons: Any weapon can be used but it is best that he uses Sword, Axe, or Mace since he has a mastery in it.
- Passive Skills: Iron Skin, Sword Mastery, Axe Mastery, Mace Mastery.
|1-hs||Bash||Stun||Concentrate||Fist of the Heavens||Berserk||Shout|
|Sections||Features • Cube Recipes • Items • Bestiary|
|Classes||Amazon • Assassin • Barbarian • Druid • Necromancer • Paladin • Sorceress|
|Diablo I and Diablo II Mods|
|Diablo I Mods||The Hell|
|Diablo II Mods||Battle for Elements • Eastern Sun • Hell Unleashed • Median XL • PlugY • Requiem of Sorrow • Zy-El|