Gamepedia and Fandom have joined forces and our combined teams would like to encourage all Diablo fans to unite and work together as well.
To achieve this, this wiki will be archived in favor of the Fandom Diablo community November 1st. Head to the community portal if you have questions or concerns before then.
A Waypoint is an ancient Horadrim teleportation device, left over from when the order was still active. The main purpose of a waypoint is to provide fast travel between areas that a player has discovered.
There is some difference between playing Campaign and Adventure Mode. In Adventure Mode all Waypoints are open and the placement is different in some places.
- Only in Campaign †
- Only in Adventure ‡
|Act I||Act II||Act III||Act IV||Act V|
The Halls of Agony
Archives of Zoltun Kulle
Depths of the Keep
Fields of Slaughter
The Ruins of Sescheron
Gardens of Hope
In some areas the Waypoint have a different name but are in the same place.
Each Act in Diablo II has a number of waypoints throughout it which can be activated upon their discovery. An activated waypoint allows a player to warp from one waypoint to another. They are most commonly used to return to the most recently unlocked area to continue the game, though they are also used to return to previously visited areas to gain items and experience.
The look of each waypoint changes in different areas (eg: it appears as a symbol carved in rock in the moors of Act I, but is an intricate design with seven symbols in the Arcane Sanctuary). Each act has exactly nine waypoints, with the exception of Act IV, which due to its shorter length has three.
The locations of most waypoints are random, but there are some that always appear in the same place.
- Rogue Encampment
- Cold Plains (always near the entrance)
- Stony Field
- Dark Wood
- Black Marsh
- Outer Cloister (always in the first courtyard)
- Jail Level 1
- Inner Cloister (always in the center of the courtyard)
- Catacombs Level 2
- Lut Gholein
- Sewers Level 2
- Dry Hills
- Halls of the Dead Level 2
- Far Oasis
- Lost City
- Palace Cellar Level 1 (always in the center L-shaped room)
- Arcane Sanctuary (always near where the player arrives)
- Canyon of the Magi (always in the middle of the area, near the red portal that the player arrives through)
- Kurast Docks (act town)
- Spider Forest
- Great Marsh
- Flayer Jungle
- Lower Kurast
- Kurast Bazaar
- Upper Kurast
- Travincal (always in a building on the west side of the area)
- Durance of Hate (Level 2)
- Pandemonium Fortress (act town)
- City of the Damned (Always near the stairs leading to the River of Flame, which are located randomly in the area)
- River of Flame (Always in front of the passageway to the Chaos Sanctuary)