Ok, so Dan's imported the first page and here she is ... Isn't she a beauty?? And lookie lookie there, bugs. Like Dan pointed out, references and youtube links don't work :) Hope ya fix it soon. Now that the pages are starting to come in ... I'll start being busy here too :D "Fear me!!!" (f")f --> Ashkael 11:13, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- O_o and thank the heavens ... My mobo works with this one too :) "Fear me!!!" (f")f --> Ashkael 11:13, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
Update Article[edit source]
This needs a good bit of changing to bring it up to par with other wiki articles.
For example: removing outdated info and adding in new, having the text flow more smoothly -- it feels rather choppy, particularly the Development section -- and having actual references (Kotaku? Gamoa???).
I've dealt with putting an extra line break between sections to make it easier on the eye, but I won't be touching anything else in the meantime unless it's fine with the higher-ups. Sojourna 23:44, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
- I won't make you undo your work, but the line break styling is usually controlled for the entire site by our css standards. That way we can keep it consistent on every page. Unless there's a specific page that falls out of the norm because of its layout, every page should have the same spacing (governed by the H1/H2/H3.. tags) so we don't have to worry about that sort of thing constantly. --Apoc 00:10, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- I'll revert it anyway. Sojourna 21:05, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- The article is certainly out of date and looks like it needs almost a complete rewrite. Information is old, sources should be added and images included here and there. If you want to give it a complete overhaul feel free to do so.
- As for the line breaks there shouldn't be any extra spaces added to the article, but if you feel it's cluttered try adding some images here and there from the Images categories. --PhrozenDragon 17:07, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
I'm working on overhauling the page, now. Very slow work indeed. As an added bonus, it seems that a lot of content was ported from the respective diablo.wikia.com page and vice versa (I can't tell which came first). Haven't decided whether a credit disclaimer is warranted, yet, since it's too soon in the editing process. Still, I ought to be able to update this article by the end of this week at the latest. Sojourna 04:41, 13 February 2012 (UTC)
- This wiki was originally intended to be a continuation of diablo.wikia, but it didn't quite work out, so we opted to just start our own. However one of our first editors copied a whole lot of their articles (somewhere around 700-1000 I think) during the first months of the wiki. Without exception they're always either of A) low quality or B) of a very different format and style from what we use, so I always rewrite them when I find them. Unfortunately he didn't provide any guidance as to where they came from, but by now most have either been rewritten, merged, deleted or otherwise changed. There's bound to be some remaining here and there however. We have not however copied anything from them in the last two years at least, but I have seen alot of my recent lore articles pasted over there recently. As such, I urge you to rewrite most of what seems to be copied in this article (looking at the edit history this article is old enough to be largely wikia remnants, so probaably most of it). --PhrozenDragon 11:07, 13 February 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for clearing that up. Sojourna 19:46, 13 February 2012 (UTC)
Alright, I'm pretty much done with editing. Just want to list a few pointers:
- Locations was left nearly untouched, since it is rather outside my area of expertise. I did include a map, though! ^_^
- Gameplay was a pain. I made what changes I could, but for the life of me it still reads like a bullet-point list.
- Character Classes may need a little touching up.
- Development still needs a major re-write. I added and removed a little info, but it's basically left in its low-quality format.
That's it for now. I would appreciate any feedback. :) Sojourna 01:00, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- It looks good, though from scanning it I can see a few inconsistencies, such as the character back story part (the male barbarian is no longer the same as in D2). I'll have a more detailed look and change what I can. --PhrozenDragon 21:40, 18 February 2012 (UTC)