Scout (The Hell)
Scouts are the best archers, whose arrows are fast, precise and deadly. They are vulnerable in close quarters and cannot even approach Paladin defense level, and melee weapons in their hands are practically useless. Their magic potential is higher than that of Paladins and they successfully learn spells that heal, increase defense, stop enemy at the distance and enrage them.
Scouts shoot multiple arrows when under fury and knockbacking weapons make them a good ranged fighters. They are not supposed to be approached and always try to kill everything before it reaches them (for when it does reach them, Scouts usually die) and protection from ranged attacks is more important for them than protection from melee attacks.
It is vitally important for Scouts to plan the battle ahead and follow their tactical pattern, because even one simple mistake can instantly lead to their death. They have enhanced senses which allow them to foresee dangers and prepare for battle before it's too late.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Stats to focus on, in order of importance: DEX, STR, MAG, VIT
|Strength||15||120||Wearing gear, base damage.|
|Magic||5||70||Wearing jewelry, reading books, mana regain and total mana.|
|Dexterity||30||250||Wearing gear, chance to dodge attacks, chance to hit and doing damage.|
|Vitality||15||150||Max -DFE, life regain, effect of healing, stun threshold and total life.|
|DFE (cap)||-7||-75||Reduces damage taken from enemies|
|Armor||7||50||Reduces the chance enemies will hit you.|
Special properties[edit | edit source]
- Scout has the highest attack speed with ranged weapons among all classes.
- Scout's arrows also have the fastest flight speed among all classes; their speed is increased by (clvl - 1) / 8 (since v1.82c)
- Scout and Monk have the highest innate ARD (Absorb Ranged Damage) value among all classes: 34,375% without "33% ARD" item and 56,25% with it. It reduces damage from all ranged attacks. (since v1.85l)
- Scout and Mage do not have a chance to avoid knockback, which helps them get away from melee. (since v1.91e)
- When alone in the game, Scout has chain activation radius 2. This parameter affects monsters AI. It's the second lowest value among all classes (after Assassin), making it easier to lure out and fight monsters one on one instead of fighting them all at once. (since v1.153)
Formulas[edit | edit source]
- Total life = 1•Vitcharacter + 1.5•Vititems + 2•clvl + Lifeitems + 20
- Total mana = 1•Magcharacter + 1.5•Magitems + 2•clvl + Manaitems + 0
- Total armor = Dex/5 + ACitems
- Minimum DFE (cap) = Vitcharacter/2
- Melee damage resistance = (Rnd[24 + (Vitbase / 8)] + 5)%
- Base damage with different weapons
- Bows: (clvl * (Str + Dex)) / 150 (since v1.81u)
- Hands/feet: (clvl * (Str + Dex)) / 500 (since v1.100)
- All other weapons: (clvl * (Str + Dex)) / 600 (since v1.100)
- Critical hits
- PvM melee: (clvl / 2)% chance for 200% damage (since v1.149u)
- PvM missile: (clvl / 8 + 7)% chance for 300% damage (since v1.150e)
- Innate ToHit bonuses in PvM: melee +0% (since v1.101), missile +20% (since v1.64).
- MvP autohit (a minimum chance to be hit by a monster) in single player: melee 20% (since v1.144d), missile 14% (since v1.100k).
|Diablo: The Hell|
|Classes||Paladin • Scout • Mage • Monk • Assassin • Gladiator|
|Items||Base items • Magic items • Unique items • Potions • Elixirs • Oils • Gems • Items Generation|
|Other||Download • Spells • Quests • Shrines • Save files • Hotkeys • Movies • Monsters • Experience|
|Game mechanics||Calculations • Dealing Damage • Receiving Damage • Mordor's Stat Limitations|
|Links||Official homepage • Readme • Changelog • Downloads • Forum|
Diablo: The Hell is a free modification of Diablo: Hellfire. It features many minor improvements and bug fixes, which combined greatly enhances the players experience over the original game. If you are thinking about replaying the original Diablo, try Diablo: The Hell instead. Start by reading the getting started guide.
- Listed maximum stats are for a level 50 assassin with all her ability points maxed out, and without items or spell effects.
- In singleplayer, DFE is also capped at -25 on Horror mode and at -50 on Purgatory mode.