Gamepedia and Fandom have joined forces and our combined teams would like to encourage all Diablo fans to unite and work together as well.
To achieve this, this wiki will be archived in favor of the Fandom Diablo community November 1st. Head to the community portal if you have questions or concerns before then.
Power Leveling (Diablo II)
Power Leveling is the act of leveling one's character in the quickest, most efficient manner possible. By knowing which locations give the most experience and the mechanics involved in gaining experience, players can level very quickly without cheating or exploiting bugs. These guidelines should be suitable for most classes and builds:
- Players should always try to accomplish these steps in full games since the amount of experience increases per player in the game.
- Asking a higher level character to help clear areas may be better if their speed makes up for the level penalty.
- Melee players may get their weapons (and mercenary's weapons) Enchanted by a Sorceress to provide a dps boost.
- Gain access to areas by having higher level characters share waypoints. Some areas will require the completion of quests to advance.
- Don't put yourself at risk of death in Nightmare and Hell since the penalty on death is 5% and 10% respectively. This is particularly important for Hardcore players as well, for obvious reasons.
- Hunt for Experience Shrines in different Acts (act 1 usually is the easiest) as you get 50% more experience while it is active, but be careful not to get too close to any monster that can curse you such as unique monsters with the "Cursed" status, Oblivion Knights, or Baal himself as curses override any active shrine bonus.
- Level 1 - 15: Repeatedly clear Tristram.
- Level 15 - 24: Clear Tal Rasha's Tombs in the Canyon of the Magi.
- Level 24: Complete Rite of Passage.
- Level 25 - 40: Repeatedly clear the Chaos Sanctuary and Baal.
- Level 40: Complete Rite of Passage (nightmare difficulty).
- Level 41-60: Repeatedly clear the Chaos Sanctuary and Baal (nightmare difficulty).
- Level 60: Complete Rite of Passage (hell difficulty).
- Level 61-95: Repeatedly kill Baal (hell difficulty).
- Level 96-99: Advanced High leveling techniques (hell difficulty).