Patch 1.11 (Diablo II)
This patch went live on August 8th, 2005.
A new Mystery has been revealed!
Main article: Pandemonium Event
- Players of Hell Difficulty Realm games are hereby warned once again, that a series of new and challenging tests await you! The answer lies within Diablo's Bosses, which span across the world from the Den of Evil to the Throne of Destruction...
- Players can purchase hirelings that are within 1-5 levels below their own level.
- The rate at which hirelings gain experience has been increased. They should now stay closer to the player's level.
- Creating a Town Portal when corpses or other objects entirely fill the area where the portal will appear in town will no longer crash the game.
- Skills obtained from Rune Words created while the item is equipped will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net when chosen.
- Barbarians will no longer become stuck when using Whirlwind right after Inferno from the Unique Item Balrog Blade Flamebellow.
- German, Spanish, and Polish users will no longer crash when the mouse cursor moves over an item that grants an Aura while equipped.
- The game will no longer crash when selecting a skill granted by a weapon at the same time as switching weapons with the W key.
- Dying or being requested to trade while changing the key configuration will no longer cause you to get stuck.
- The "Missile Firing too far" assertion error has been corrected.
- Attempting to sell a Horadric Cube or a quest item to an NPC by holding Control while clicking will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net.
- Running the game with -install no longer causes the game to be installed as a Windows Service. -install is now ignored.
- Sometimes the seals in Diablo's lair would not activate. This has been corrected.
- Character expiration messages have been updated to reflect the expiration policy implemented in patch 1.10.
- Unidentified items sometimes caused other set items to display green for items the player does not have. This has been corrected.
- The German mouseover text for the Ist rune has been corrected.
- Account recovery is now allowed for existing accounts whose name is only one or two characters.
- When leaving a game on Battle.net, you will now be brought back to the channel in which you were previously.
- Transmuting an Ethereal Item now retains the ethereal stats bonuses.
- In Japanese Lord of Destruction, items that add to all Assassin skills incorrectly stated in their mouseover text that they added to all Druid skills. This has been corrected.
- Battle.net messages for non-English versions have been corrected.
Fixed Game Exploits
- It is no longer possible to bypass the 10-second hostility timer by activating a waypoint at the same time as declaring hostility.
- Uber Diablo is no longer killed when Shenk the Overseer or Blood Raven die nearby.
- Necromancers with Trang-Oul's Avatar equipped could sometimes become invincible to attack. This has been corrected.
- Blessed Hammer no longer remains active while in town, preventing players from subsequently declaring hostility and having the hammers hit other players for damage.
- Set Items retained their multi-piece bonuses after the player died, even though they were removed. This has been corrected.
- Items with skill-charging effects will no longer give synergy bonuses to skills when equipped on a character without those skills.
- Pasting from the Clipboard no longer allows the creation of characters with more than one dash or underscore in their name.
|Diablo II Patches|
|Patches||1.01 • 1.02 • 1.03 • 1.04 • 1.04b • 1.05 • 1.05b • 1.06 • 1.06b • 1.07 • 1.08 • 1.09 • 1.09b • 1.09c • 1.09d • 1.10 • 1.11 • 1.11b • 1.12 • 1.13|