Gamepedia and Fandom have joined forces and our combined teams would like to encourage all Diablo fans to unite and work together as well.
To achieve this, this wiki will be archived in favor of the Fandom Diablo community November 1st. Head to the community portal if you have questions or concerns before then.
Open Wounds (Diablo II)
Open Wounds is a Diablo II combat mechanic that appears as a Chance on Hit mod on several Unique, Set or Rune Word items. The game will roll for the chance for the mechanic to occur on every eligible melee or ranged attack. If the effect occurs, it causes the monster to bleed profusely, causing them to lose health. The effect lasts for 8 seconds.
- The amount of health the monster loses is scaled with the player's level. It scales fairly linearly, doing about 800 damage over 8 seconds at level 50, and about 2135 damage over 8 seconds at level 90.
- When triggered by a ranged attack, the bleed damage is divided by 2.
- When targeted on a player, the bleed damage is divided by 4. (So 1/8 the damage for ranged attacks on players)
- When targeted on Uniques or Bosses, the bleed damage is divided by 2 (Causes 1/4 damaged for ranged on bosses)
- Item modifiers for Open Wounds generally stack, unless a character is wielding two weapons, the chances do not cross between weapons.
While under the effects of Open wounds, a Monster's natural health regeneration is set to a negative value. This means that monsters cannot regenerate health while affected by Open Wounds. This makes it a valuable stat for fighting monsters with high health regeneration.
|Diablo II Item Mods|
|Absorbs • Blinds on Hit • Cannot be Frozen • Crushing Blow • Deadly Strike • Ignore Defense • Life Stealing • Open Wounds • Slows Target|