Mana Burn (Diablo II)
Mana Burn is one of the attributes that Unique Monsters may spawn with in Diablo II. It can be one of the deadliest attributes out there. Extreme caution is recommended when facing a monster with this attribute.
What It Does[edit | edit source]
This attribute will give the unique and its minions an ability that drains Mana with each hit. It will drain Mana equal to 4 times the damage it inflicts. So if it deals 4 damage to you, 16 Mana will be "burned". In addition, it will add 20 magic resistance and 2x chance to hit to the unique.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Avoid attacks whenever possible: the Mana burn can become extremely annoying to have to deal with.
- If you're a caster, then you must try even harder to avoid attacks.
- Get some Mana leech to steal Mana back without having to use potions.
- Keep many Mana Potions with you - you'll need them. The slow-fill properties of Mana Potions also makes them preferable to Rejuvenation Potions' instantaneous fill against Mana burning monsters.
- Hit-and-run is a must. You simply can not use your abilities when the unique and his minions are all attacking you at once; your mana will dry up too fast.
|Diablo II Unique Monster Attributes|
|Diablo II||Aura Enchanted • Cursed • Cold Enchanted • Extra Fast • Extra Strong • Fire Enchanted • Lightning Enchanted • Magic Resistant • Mana Burn • Multi-Shot • Spectral Hit • Stone Skin • Teleporting • Thieving|