- For background information, see Kurast.
The Kurast Docks is the safe-haven that the player visits in Act III in pursuit of Diablo and Baal. The whole entire of Kurast has been corrupted by Mephisto, forcing the few survivors to retreat to the Docks. Ormus has protected them with his magic, but even that won't last for long. As the act progresses, the player will be tasked to retrieve the Gidbinn, a dagger with which Ormus will be able to repower the protective enchantments. The Lord of Hatred must be defeated in order to save them, and all quests save the first one are directly related to defeating, or surviving, Mephisto.
- Alkor: Old potion maker. A bit of a hermit. Gambler.
- Asheara: Mercenary captain of the Iron Wolves. Hires and ressurects mercenaries.
- Deckard Cain: The last of the Horadrim, follows the player through all acts. Identifies items.
- Hratli: Blacksmith and sorceror of unknown affiliation. Sells heavy armor and weapons.
- Meshif: Trader captain who grew up in Kurast.
- Natalya: An assassin of the Viz-Jaq'taar sent to keep tabs on Ormus.
- Ormus: A mage of the Taan Clan. Heals, sells scrolls, potions and more caster-oriented equipment.