Forgotten Tower (Diablo II)
The Forgotten Tower, also known as the Tower Cellar, lies in the Black Marsh. Finding the Forgotten Tower and killing The Countess is required to complete the fourth quest of Act I in Diablo II, appropriately named The Forgotten Tower as well.
In game, the Forgotten Tower only refers to the first entry level, which is just a small room with a ladder down. Why this even exists seems a bit odd, as it doesn't really do anything. Perhaps something else was intended to be placed there but never made it into the final game.
Also note that, while there is a sort of Golden Chest at the end of the dungeon, it is only opened when killing the Countess the first time in that difficulty, and does not drop the same sort of items as normal Golden Chests do.
||Minion to The Countess|
- Amazon: "What's that smell?"
- Assassin: "Oh, who would want to remember this place?"
- Barbarian: "A stench of poison."
- Druid: "Hm. I can smell why this tower was abandoned."
- Necromancer: "This place reeks of death."
- Paladin: "This tower shall be cleansed of evil."
- Sorceress: "This place holds many secrets."
- Amazon: "Ah, the tower's trove for the taking."
- Assassin: "So much treasure, it almost covers the stench."
- Barbarian: "Haha, this is reward enough."
- Druid: "Hm. This tower has its charms."
- Necromancer: "Treasure hunting, hmpf. Treasure finding, yes."
- Paladin: "I've earned the right to this abandoned trove."
- Sorceress: "I hope to find other such treasures."
- "Here for a blood bath?"
- "Your blood will boil."
|Surface||Blood Moor • Cold Plains • Burial Grounds • Stony Field • Tristram • Dark Wood • Black Marsh • Tamoe Highland • Monastery Gate • Outer Cloister • Barracks • Inner Cloister • Cathedral • Secret Cow Level|
|Dungeons||Den of Evil • Cave • Crypt • Mausoleum • Underground Passage • Forgotten Tower • Hole • Pit • Jail • Catacombs|