Gamepedia and Fandom have joined forces and our combined teams would like to encourage all Diablo fans to unite and work together as well.
To achieve this, this wiki will be archived in favor of the Fandom Diablo community November 1st. Head to the community portal if you have questions or concerns before then.
Deadly Strike (Diablo II)
Deadly Strike is a Diablo II combat mechanic that appears as a Chance on Hit mod on several Unique, Set or Rune Word items. With each eligible melee or ranged attack, the game will roll for a deadly strike according to your percentage chance from items. If the roll is successful, your character will deal double damage with that attack.
- Critical Strike and Deadly Strike have the same mechanics and only one of them can trigger on any given attack (so a player can't get quadruple damage)
- Does not apply to Impale, Dragon Talon, Dragon Tail, Dragon Flight, Sacrifice, or Smite.
- Does work with the Blade Traps.
- Skills that convert Physical damage to a different type (magic, fire and cold arrow, Lightning Bolt, Fists of Fire, Berserk) do so after DS or CS are applied, so converted damage is doubled.
- They will modify your final Physical damage with Vengeance but have *no* effect on the Elemental damage caused by Vengeance.
- Sources of Deadly Strike stack except from a weapon which is not being used to inflict that particular blow (only applies to dual wield Assassin and Barbarians
- Different types of Critical Strike do *not* stack (e.g. Barbarian Weapon Masteries and Amazon Critical Strike).
- There is no point to having more than a 100% chance of DS/CS.
|Diablo II Item Mods|
|Absorbs • Blinds on Hit • Cannot be Frozen • Crushing Blow • Deadly Strike • Ignore Defense • Life Stealing • Open Wounds • Slows Target|