Today, 9/16, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Cursed (Diablo II)
Cursed is one of the attributes that Unique Monsters may spawn with in Diablo II. This one is a simple, yet very deadly attribute. If you're a character with low health, this can easily spell your doom in melee combat, or from an arrow you failed to dodge.
What it does[edit | edit source]
This attribute will give the unique monster a 50% chance to cast Amplify Damage on you when he hits you. Those familiar with the Necromancer will know how quickly this curse can rip through a monster, and in this case, how quickly it can rip through you.
Amplify Damage reduces your resistance to damage by 50%, essentially making monsters do 1.5 times damage to you.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Avoid melee combat if at all possible or get hirelings/minions to take the bulk of the damage.
- Avoid being surrounded: when you're cursed, the less monsters hitting you, the better.
- Use hit-and-run on this one. You'll be much safer if you kill the minions before taking on the Unique Monster.
- Having some damage reduction(%) can work wonders against this attribute. If you've got 50% damage reduction (or over), then this curse will basically be negated. Damage reduction will not be available early in the game though, so this is not viable at low levels.
- If you're playing an Assassin, use the skill Fade to help reduce the duration of curses.
- If you can't seem to shake the curse, town portal back to town and get healed from Akara, Fara, Ormus, Jamella, or Malah. This will remove the curse.
|Diablo II Unique Monster Attributes|
|Diablo II||Aura Enchanted • Cursed • Cold Enchanted • Extra Fast • Extra Strong • Fire Enchanted • Lightning Enchanted • Magic Resistant • Mana Burn • Multi-Shot • Spectral Hit • Stone Skin • Teleporting • Thieving|