We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Calculations (The Hell)
The calculations (damage, chances to hit, spell duration, etc.) in Diablo: The Hell use almost the same functions and variables as Diablo I, except the function Rec can use multipliers other tan 9/8. Up-to-date formulas used in this mod can be found in its changelog.
Variables[edit | edit source]
- slvl: the level of the spell
- clvl: the level of the character
Functions[edit | edit source]
- [ ]: round down
- Rnd[x]: random number in the range 0 to x - 1
- Rec(n, value, k): a recursive function defined as follows,
- Rec(0, value, k) = [value]
- for n > 0; Rec(n, value, k) = [Rec(n - 1, value, k) * k]
- k is usually 9/8 or 17/16
- in other words, to calculate Rec(n, value, k), we need to multiply the initial value by k n times, each time rounding the result down.
- Itt(n, value): an iterative function, defined as follows,
- Itt(0, value) = value
- for n > 0; Itt(n, value) = Itt(n - 1, value) + value
- in other words, to calculate Itt(n, value), we need to calculate value (n + 1) times and add these values together.
Frames[edit | edit source]
A frame is a time interval used for game computations, it equals 0.05 seconds. It's unrelated to FPS (visible frames per second). Regeneration of Life and Mana, as well as damage of some spells, happens each frame (i.e. 20 times per second). Duration of attack, casting, blocking and recovery from hit animations is also measured in number of frames.
References[edit | edit source]
|Diablo: The Hell|
|Classes||Paladin • Scout • Mage • Monk • Assassin • Gladiator|
|Items||Base items • Magic items • Unique items • Potions • Elixirs • Oils • Gems • Items Generation|
|Other||Download • Spells • Quests • Shrines • Save files • Hotkeys • Movies • Monsters • Experience|
|Game mechanics||Calculations • Dealing Damage • Receiving Damage • Mordor's Stat Limitations|
|Links||Official homepage • Readme • Changelog • Downloads • Forum|
Diablo: The Hell is a free modification of Diablo: Hellfire. It features many minor improvements and bug fixes, which combined greatly enhances the players experience over the original game. If you are thinking about replaying the original Diablo, try Diablo: The Hell instead. Start by reading the getting started guide.