PlugY is a mod whose primary purpose is to increase the stash size for Diablo II characters. Over the years it has grown to include numerous other useful functions, such as enabling Ladder Only Rune Words outside of the Battle.net Ladder, enabling the Uber quests outside of Battle.net and various other small tweaks and additions. PlugY is not a conversion of the original Diablo, and it doesn't alter gameplay by changing monster stats, skills, maps or items.
- Disable access to Battle.net.
- Infinite storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 personal pages!)
- Shared storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 shared pages too!)
- Enabled the ladder only runewords out of realms.
- Local World Event and Uber Quest for singleplayer and multiplayer off-realm !
- Can open Cow Level Portal even when player have kill the Cow King in that difficulty.
- Unassign assigned skills and stats points.
- Change the selected language.
- Always regenerate maps in SinglePlayer like in MultiPlayer.
- Automatically execute /players X when you launch a new game.
- Added some pages for display more characters stats like %MF.
- Display item level in its popup.
- Launch any number of Diablo II games on the same computer.
- Increase the stash to 10x10 squares.
- Change the save path directory.
- Always display Mana and Life values above the globes.
- D2 can load all files, even those opened with Microsoft Excel (disabled by default).
- Display the stats current value (without magical bonus) like Magic/gold find or maximum resistances.
- PlugY is localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish.
All the features in PlugY can be either activated or deactivated as one pleases. Even though the main feature of the mod is to grant users an infinite stash, one doesn't have to use that particular feature if all one wants from the mod is access to the World Events. All such settings are handled by the PlugY.ini file which comes with the mod.
The only original Diablo II file that PlugY modifies is D2gfx.dll, and this is in order to provide all the new graphics necessary to display the mod. Because of this, it is highly compatible with other mods, and is often used or even included with large content mods such as Eastern Sun and Median XL.
The most notable feature of PlugY is the increased stash. Every character is given a staggering amount of more than 4 billion possible inventory pages (4^16). Since it is impossible to fill all of those pages, PlugY effectively provides the player with infinite storage.
The mod also gives you an equal amount of Shared pages. These also amount to more than 4 billion pages in total, and are shared between all of your characters. This means that you can easily switch items between all characters on your hard drive without having to start multiple versions of Diablo II at the same time, or use any form of muleing program. In fact, PlugY effectively elinimates the need for mules in offline play.
There are two quests which are specific for Battle.net and cannot be completed outside of the realms. These are the quests to kill Uber Diablo and the World event during which you kill Pandemonium Diablo, Uber Mephisto and Uber Baal.
PlugY allows the player to complete these two on Singleplayer and over TCP/IP. The former is fixed by creating a simulated selling of Stones of Jordan. While in Hell difficulty, PlugY players will notice a counter in the top left similar to that of Battle.net, indicating that a Stone of Jordan has been sold. The rate at which the stones are "sold", as well as the amount need to spawn Uber Diablo, can be fully customized in PlugY, potentially spawning him within a few seconds of a newly started game or never spawning him. Just like on Battle.net, he will drop the Annihilus Charm when defeated.
The second world event, added in 1.11, is also available but with one drawback. The AI files for the Three Ubers as well as the scripts that continually spawns monsters during the event, only exists on the Battle.net servers and not locally, hence cannot be emulated off-realm. Therefore the quest isn't identical with what is present on the realms. The infamous multi immune monsters will thus not appear, and the Three will follow their regular AI behavior.
|Diablo I and Diablo II Mods|
|Diablo I Mods||The Hell|
|Diablo II Mods||Battle for Elements • Eastern Sun • Hell Unleashed • Median XL • PlugY • Requiem of Sorrow • Zy-El|