Lut Gholein, the Jewel of the Desert, is a port town located in Aranoch on the western shore of the Twin Seas. The city is the only large concentration of people in the entire region and the main channel of trade between the Western Kingdoms and Kehjistan
Historic Events[edit | edit source]
- Before 1010: Horazon constructs his Arcane Sanctuary and places the entrance here. Lut Gholein is later built on top of it.
- 1010: Baal hides from his Horadrim pursuers within the city walls for a time before fleeing into the desert.
- 1264: Diablo comes to the town briefly before venturing out again in search of his brother.
- Approx. 1284: Jacob finds himself here after fleeing Staalbreak.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Diablo II[edit | edit source]
In Diablo II Lut Gholein is the main town on the second act as the player pursues Diablo in his search for Baal. The town is the largest in the game and is at the time under siege by all manner of demons sent there by Diablo to stall any pursuers from reaching him.
References[edit | edit source]
- Cain, Deckard., Book of Cain, page 131.
|Locations in the Diablo Universe|
|Planes||Black Abyss • Burning Hells • High Heavens • Sanctuary • Trag'Oul's Realm • The Void|
|Regions in Sanctuary||Aranoch • Dreadlands • Entsteig • Kehjistan • Khanduras • Mount Arreat • Scosglen • Skovos Isles • Torajan Jungles • Westmarch • Xiansai|
|Towns in Sanctuary||Bastion's Keep • Bramwell • Caldeum • Duncraig • Gea Kul • Harrogath • Hashir • Istani • Ivgorod • Kalinash • Kehjan • Kingsport • Kurast • Lut Gholein • New Tristram (Old Tristram) • Partha • Rogue Encampment • Seram • Staalbreak • Toraja • Tran Athulua • Tulisam • Tur Dulra • Ureh • Urjhani • Viz-jun • Westmarch|
|Other Places||Pandemonium Fortress • Silver City|