Glossary (Diablo II)
This page is a comprehensive list of all terms, slang, and acronyms used by fans and more savvy players when discussing or playing Diablo II and the expansion Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Some are more common than others. The original list, with some additions present here, came from the Diablo II forums at DiabloFans: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5274
#[edit | edit source]
- 1: Safe Town Portal
- 2: Dangerous Town Portal
- 3/20/20: Refers to a perfect Fine Small Charm of Vita, which adds +3 maximum damage, +20 Attack Rating, and 20 Life. These items are highly sought after and are incredibly valuable; unfortunately, legit 3/20/20's are exceedingly rare.
- 313: A Toxic Small Charm of Anthrax, an uncommon small charm adding 313 poison damage over 11 seconds.
- 40/15ias: A perfect Ruby Jewel of Fervor, which provides 40% enhanced damage and 15% increased attack speed. Also referred to as 40/15.
- 40/15max: A perfect Ruby Jewel of Carnage, which provides 40% enhanced damage and +15 max damage. Also referred to as 40/15.
- 451: A Pestilent Small Charm of Anthrax, an extremely rare small charm adding 451 poison damage over 12 seconds.
- 5/5: Any Rainbow Facet (the element is usually specified) that has +5% damage and -5% enemy resistance.
A[edit | edit source]
- @: All, as in 20@res, which describes an item adding 20 to all resistances.
- A1: Act I
- A2: Act II
- A3: Act III
- A4: Act IV
- A5: Act V
- Act Boss: Any of the final bosses of an act who are required to be slain in order to continue to the next act. These include Andariel, Duriel,
B[edit | edit source]
- B: Baal or Barbarian
- Baal run: Players repeatedly kill Baal and his waves of Minions for fast experience. Also known as Baaling, Baalrun or simply Baals.
- Barb: Barbarian
- BC: Battle Command
- Bcomb: Refers to a Grand Charm with +1 to Barbarian Combat Skills
- Bin: Buy it now
- BK: Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
- Blue: Twisted Essence of Suffering, which is dropped by Andariel and Duriel.
- BM: Bad-mannered
- BO: Battle Orders
- BO Sticks: Throwing weapons that add +3 to Warcries skills. Most Barbarians equip two of these on their weapon swap. They are easily found on vendors in Hell.
- BOTD: Breath of the Dying
- Bowzon or Bowazon: An Amazon build that focuses on the Bow and Crossbow Skills tree and uses bows as her primary weapon.
- BP: Breast Plate
- BRB: Be Right Back
- Breakpoint: Due to the nature of sprites, certain stats such as FCR, FHR, FBR and IAS have an effect only at certain breakpoints.
- BRT: Be Right There
- Btorch: Barbarian Hellfire Torch
- BV: Bone Visage
- BvB: Barbarian vs Barbarian
- BvC: Barbarian vs Caster
- BvE: Barbarian vs Everything
C[edit | edit source]
- CA: Cryptic Axe
- CB: Colossus Blade or Crushing Blow
- Chances: Chance Guards also known as Chancies.
- CHAR: Character
- Circ: Can refer to any of the four varieties of Circlets.
- COA: Crown of Ages
- COH: Chains of Honor
- Cows: Repeatedly clearing the Secret Cow Level for fast experience. Also known as Cow run or Cowrun.
- CR: Cold Resistance
- Cres: Cold Resistance
- CS: Crystal Sword or Chaos Sanctuary or Critical Strike (which is found on the Barbarian and Assassin's weapon mastery skills and the Amazon's Critical Strike skill).
- Chaos run: Players repeatedly kill Diablo and his minions in the Chaos Sanctuary for fast experience. Also known as CS run.
- CTA: Call to Arms. The level of the Battle Orders on the Rune Word is usually indicated (i.e. 6 BO CTA).
- CtC or C2C: Chance to Cast. Some suffixes give items a chance to cast certain spells when the character attacks ("On Attack") or the attack lands ("On Striking").
- CV: Colossus Voulge
D[edit | edit source]
- D: Diablo or Druid
- D2: Diablo II
- DC: Disconnect
- DClone: Uber Diablo
- Diablo Clone: Uber Diablo
- Diso: Desperately in search of
- DKey: Key of Destruction, which is dropped by Nihlathak.
- DMG: Damage
- Dtorch: Druid Hellfire Torch
- Dracs: Dracul's Grasp also known as Draculs.
- Dru or Dudu: Druid
- DS: Deadly Strike
- Dungo: Verdungo's Hearty Cord
- Dupe: A duplicated version of an item created by utilizing various bugs in the game code.
- DvD: Druid vs Druid
- DW: Death's Web
E[edit | edit source]
- E-: Ethereal. Typically prefaces an item acronym, such as ECV, meaning an ethereal Colossus Voulge.
- E-Bug: A game bug in which an ethereal body armor has the ethereal defense bonus on it applied twice when sockets are added to it via the Horadric Cube recipe. Also references a piece of armor that has been E-bugged.
- EBOTD: Ethereal Breath of the Dying, means that the runeword has been inserted into an ethereal item.
- EBOTDZ: Ethereal Breath of the Dying Berserker Axe, meaning the runeword has been inserted into an ethereal Berserker Axe.
- ED: Enhanced Damage or Enhanced Defense
- ELE: Elemental (typically in reference to the Druid skill tree).
- Eni: Enigma
- ES: Energy Shield or Eastern Sun
- Eth: Ethereal
F[edit | edit source]
- FB: Fire Ball
- FBR: Faster Block Rate
- FC: Farcast
- FCR: Faster Cast Rate
- FG: Forum Gold
- FHR: Faster Hit Recovery
- FO: Frozen Orb also referred to as "Forb"
- Fort: Fortitude
- FPS: Frames per Second
- FR: Fire Resistance
- Fres: Fire Resistance
- FRW: Faster Run/Walk
- FT: For Trade
- FTJ: Failed to Join
G[edit | edit source]
- GC: Grand Charm
- GF: Gold Find
- GG: Good Game
- GH: Great Hauberk
- GJ: Good Job
- GL: Good Luck
- GM: Good-mannered
- GMB: Grand Matron Bow
- G-Mod: Gook Mod
- Green: Festering Essence of Destruction, which is dropped by Baal.
H[edit | edit source]
- HC: Hardcore
- HFP: Hellforge Plate
- HKey: Key of Hate, which is dropped by The Summoner.
- HotO: Heart of the Oak
- HoZ: Herald of Zakarum
- HR: High Rune. The most common form of currency on battle.net realms.
I[edit | edit source]
- IAS: Increased Attack Speed
- Ilvl: Item level.
- Iso: In search of
J[edit | edit source]
- Java: Can refer to a Javazon Amazon build, a Javelin, or a variety of items that add to the Amazon's Javelin and Spear Skills, such as "Java Gloves".
- JMOD: Jeweler's Monarch of Deflecting
K[edit | edit source]
- K: Short for "Kilo"; a thousand.
- KB: Knockback
L[edit | edit source]
- Lag: High Latency
- LC: Large Charm
- Legit: Usually refers to a non-duped item.
- LLD: Low Level Dueling, the practice of dueling with certain level characters. For example level 29s.
- LoD: Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
- LR: Low Rune or Lightning Resistance
- Lres: Lightning Resistance
- LT: Life Tap
- Lvl: Level
- LW: Last Wish
M[edit | edit source]
- MB: Matriarchal Bow or Mind Blast
- Merc: Mercenary. Often used in combination with an item, indicating that the item is intended for a Mercenary to use (i.e. it is ethereal and/or made in an item that is ideal for a Merc to use).
- MF: Magic Find
- MF gear: A set of gear providing high MF.
- MF runs: The process of trying to find items by killing various high drop chance bosses repeatedly, often wearing special MF gear. Also known as MFing.
- MH: Maphack
- Mill: Million
- Mlvl: Monster level
- MP: Mage Plate or Multi Player
- MR: Medium Rune
N[edit | edit source]
- N: Necromancer or Nihlathak
- N: Need/Needing
- NG: New Game or Next Game
- Nig: Enigma
- NK: Naked Kill
- NL: Non-Ladder
- Ntorch: Necromancer Hellfire Torch
O[edit | edit source]
- O: Offer/Offering
- OS: Open Sockets, typically preceded by a number (e.g. 4os).
P[edit | edit source]
- P: Paladin or Perfect (can reference the gem quality or any item which has rolled all of the highest possible of its variable stats).
- Pala: Paladin
- PB: Phase Blade
- PC: Price Check
- Pcomb: Refers to a Grand Charm with +1 to Paladin Combat Skills
- PDSC: Poison Damage Small Charm
- Perf: Perfect
- Pgem: Perfect Gem
- PK: Player Kill
- PnB: Poison and Bone
- Poof: An automatically deleted duplicated aka duped item. Also known as Poofed or Poofing.
- PP: Party Please
- PR: Poison Resistance
- Pres: Poison Resistance
- PSN: Poison
- Ptorch: Paladin Hellfire Torch
- PvM: Player vs. Monster
- PvP: Player vs. Player
Q[edit | edit source]
R[edit | edit source]
- Red: Burning Essence of Terror, which is dropped by Diablo.
- Res: Reserve or Resistance(s)
- RM: Remake
- Rust Storm: A dupe-detector program run occasionally that detects and "rusts" i.e. deletes all duped items.
- Rune Rushing: The process of quickly advancing low level characters into Hell Act IV in order to benefit from the Hellforge quest rune drops. Also known as RR, Rune Run or Rune Rush.
- Rush: The process of a more powerful character helping often a much weaker character to advance in acts rapidly. Also known as Rushing.
- RV: Rex Vex
- R/W: Run/Walk
- RW: Rune Word
S[edit | edit source]
- S: Sorceress
- SA: Sacred Armor
- SC: Small Charm or Softcore
- Scrip or Script: Refers to a game's description on Battle.net
- Shako: Though the Shako is an item in D2, this typically refers to the unique Harlequin Crest.
- Shout Sticks: Throwing weapons that add +3 to Warcries skills. Most Barbarians equip two of these on their weapon swap. They are easily found on vendors in Hell.
- Sin: Assassin
- Sintorch: Assassin Hellfire Torch
- Skiller(s): Any Grand Charm that adds +1 to a class skill tree.
- SMHTPPK: Sting's Map Hack Using Town Portal Player Kill Mod
- SOJ: Stone of Jordan
- Sorc: Sorceress also simply Sor.
- SP: Single Player
- SS: Stormshield or Shape Shifting Skills
- Storch: Sorceress Hellfire Torch
- SvS: Sorceress vs Sorceress
T[edit | edit source]
- TC: Treasure Class, also known as TClass.
- TG: Town Guard
- TGod or TGod's: Thundergod's Vigor
- TKey: Key of Terror, which is dropped by The Countess.
- TM: Thunder Maul
- TMC: Teleport Mod Cast
- T/O: Top Offer
- Token: Token of Absolution
- TP: Town Portal
- TPPK: Town Portal Player Kill (abolished in Patch 1.13)
- Trav run: Players repeatedly clear Travincal of monsters for fast experience.
- Travs: War Traveler
- Treks: Sandstorm Trek
- Trist run: Players repeatedly clear Tristram of monsters for fast experience.
- TY: Thank You
U[edit | edit source]
- ÜberD: Uber Diablo or Über Diablo, also known as UberD.
- Übers: The Pandemonium Event, also known as Über Tristram or Uber Tristram.
- Unid: Unidentified.
V[edit | edit source]
- Valk: Valkyrie
- Vanilla: Refers to an unmodded installation of any Diablo game.
W[edit | edit source]
- WC: War Cry (skill) or Warcries (skill tree)
- Wep or Weap: Weapon
- WF: Windforce
- WP: Waypoint
- WT: War Traveler
- WUG: What you got?
- WUW: What you want?
- WW: Whirlwind or Waterwalk
XYZ[edit | edit source]
- Yellow: Charged Essence of Hatred, which is dropped by Mephisto.
- -Z or Zerk or Zerker: Berserker Axe. For example, Griefz refers to a Grief runeword in a Berserker Axe.
- Zodded: An Ethereal item socketed with a Zod Rune.
- Zodding: The process of taking a powerful Ethereal unique or rare item and socketing it with the Zod Rune, making it indestructible.
- Zon: Amazon
- Ztorch: Amazon Hellfire Torch