Cube Recipes (Median XL)
 Cube Recipes
The Horadric Cube is an underused aspect of Diablo II. Median XL overhauls its function from a cute gimmick to an important tool of war.
 Crafting Points
Many cube recipes work only if you have the required amount of Crafting Points on your equipped items. Crafting Point requirements are listed near the recipe in grey text:
Oils/Catalysts/Sacrifical Heart/Meditation Candle
- These reagents can be bought from the appropriate vendor.
- This reagent is obtained by disenchanting unique items, see below.
- This reagent is created by cubing Arcane Shards in sets of five.
- These reagents can be obtained by buying them from any magic items vendor or by killing monsters. Note that not all Mystic Orbs can be bought...
- These reagents are orange crucifixes that drop in late Terror and in Destruction difficulty. They enable you to create and bless items, see below.
Book Of Summoning
- These books are used to summon evil creatures, using one in certain places may have interesting effects. A book of summoning can be crafted using three meditation candles and three victims' hearts (both of which can be bought at some vendors).
- There are many cube recipes that can be used to create, reroll, disenchant, uptier, craft, affix, and do other things to items.
|Unique + Catalyst of Disenchantment||Arcane Shard + Catalyst of Disenchantment|
|Set + Catalyst of Disenchantment||Arcane Shard + Catalyst of Disenchantment|
|Arcane Shards x5||Arcane Crystal|
|Unique + Catalyst of Learning||Signet of Learning + Catalyst of Learning|
|Set + Catalyst of Learning||Signet of Learning + Catalyst of Learning|
|Upgrade to Non-magical Item||Low quality item + Oil of Enhancement||Reroll item as regular||Upgrade any low quality item to regular quality or a regular item to superior. This also rerolls the socket count on the item.|
|Regular item + Oil of Enhancement||Reroll item as superior|
|Upgrade to Magical Item||Any nonmagical item + Oil of Enhancement + Rune||Reroll item as magic||Upgrade any plain item (white or grey) to a basic magical item.|
|Magic item + Oil of Enhancement + Rune||Reroll item as rare|
|Reroll Magic to Honorific||Magic weapon/armor + Meditation Candle + Sacrificial Heart||Return item as honorific||Honorific items are blank items that receive a double bonus from Mystic Orbs. This enables you to create your own custom items, provided you have some money to spend on the ingredients and the Mystic Orbs.|
|Reroll any Item to Unique||Non-sacred item + Arcane Crystal x2 + Oil of Enhancement||Reroll item as unique||This powerful recipe uses the reagents obtained by disenchanting other uniques to turn any tiered item of your choosing into a unique. But choose wisely, because the crystals are precious and costly to replace.|
|Chaos Reroll Recipe||Any item + jewel + Oil of Luck||Reroll item randomly||Ready to roll the dice? Your item may turn into a lowly white or magical item... or a powerful rare or unique. This recipe cannot create sacred uniques or sets, but it can create almost anything else for cheap.|
|Affix Burn Recipe||Any item + Catalyst of Destruction + Rune||Reroll item as low quality + Catalyst of Destruction||This explosive alchemical combination burns all magic off an item, returning it as a basic low quality item. This recipe is useful to prepare an item for a runeword.|
|Reroll Modifiers||Superior item + Oil of Renewal||Reroll item||These recipes reroll the modifiers and socket count on any non-magical, magic or rare item. This is useful when you have a bad rare that could have been good, or to try and get better superior bonuses on your item before making a runeword|
|Magic item + Oil of Renewal||Reroll item|
|Rare item + Oil of Renewal||Reroll item|
|Zomghelp Recipe||Magic weapon/armor + magic amulet + magic ring||Reroll item as level 1 magic item|| Should you have some bad luck and find yourself stuck with no useful weapon or armour, use this recipe to create yourself some baseline items. The items come with very weak random stats, but have a built-in enhanced damage or defence bonus.|
This recipe also adds +25% Enhanced Damage (weapons) or +25% Enhanced Defense (armour) if you use it at character level 1, and an additional +2% for each higher character level. A level 40 character, for example, will get +103%.
- Any non-sacred weapon/armor + Arcane Crystal -> return item as next higher tier with same stats
- Non-sacred unique weapon/armor + Arcane Crystal + Rune -> reroll as next higher tier with new stats
- Any non-ethereal item of the appropriate type + Mystic Orb -> add orb bonus and +2 required level
- Any uberquest trophy + Corresponding unique charm -> return charm with added bonus
- Any non-ethereal item + Oil of Luck -> returns item, may add bonuses
|Upgrade type||Upgrade effects|
|Weapon||+40% Enhanced Damage, 100% Bonus to Attack Rating|
|Armour||+40% Enhanced Defense, Damage Reduced by 1%|
|Amulet||+1 to All Skill Levels|
|Ring||+10% to Spell Damage|
|Quiver||5% Bonus to all Attributes|
|Jewel||+2 to Strength, +2 to Dexterity, +2 to Energy, +2 to Vitality|
- Non-socketed non-ethereal item + jewel x[1-6] -> returns item with [1-6] sockets (will not return more sockets than max of base item)
 Jewel Crafting
- Jewel + Oil of Jewelcrafting + rune -> reroll jewel as crafted, add bonuses
|Rune input||Rune upgrade effects||Crafting points required|
|Tir||(6 to 10)% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items||50|
|Ith||All Resists +(3 to 5)%||50|
|Ort||Requirements –(2 to 4)%||100|
|Shael||+(21 to 50) Defense||100|
|Lum||+(1 to 2)% to Experience Gained||150|
|Lem||+(3 to 5) to All Attributes||150|
|Ist||+(4 to 6)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life||200|
|Ohm||+(4 to 12) to Maximum Damage||200|
|Ber||(1 to 2)% Life Stolen per Hit, (1 to 2)% Mana Stolen per Hit||250|
|Zod||+(1 to 3)% to Spell Damage||250|
|Kur||+(4 to 6)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Damage||300|
|Nas||Slows Target by 1%||300|
|Vith||+(2 to 4)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Resistances||350|
|Thai||+(6 to 15) to Minimum Damage||350|
|Nih||+(2 to 8) Life on Striking in Melee, +(2 to 8) Mana on Striking in Melee||400|
- All recipes require 500 Crafting Points
|Gem input||Scroll input||Elixir output||Elixir description|
|Perfect Amber||Scroll of Identify||Elixir of Adrenaline||Cancels a running spell timer|
|Perfect Emerald||Scroll of Town Portal||Elixir of Greater Experience||+300% to Experience Gained|
|Perfect Ruby||Scroll of Identify||Elixir of Greater Greed||350% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items|
|Perfect Sapphire||Scroll of Town Portal||Elixir of Power||+15 to All Skills|
|Perfect Topaz||Scroll of Identify||Elixir of Love||Reduces all Vendor Prices 25%|
- Want to skip some of the more boring quests in act 2 and 3?
- Horadric Staff:
- Arcane Crystal x2 + healing potion -> Horadric Staff
- Khalim's Flail:
- Arcane Crystal x2 + mana potion -> Khalim's Will
- You need to create these items in the correct difficulty.
- Horadric Staff:
|Gem and Runes||Same gem x2||Next higher gem quality|
|Same rune x2||Next higher rune|
|Rune||Next lower rune||These recipes do not allow you to obtain or downgrade Great Runes.|
|R.I.P. Recipe||Any item + Catalyst of Destruction + Arcane Crystal||Returns item with R.I.P. modifier + Catalyst of Destruction||Removes reanimates|
|Item Destruction Recipe||Any item + Catalyst of Destruction||Catalyst of Destruction|
|Unsocketing Items||Socketed item + Oil of Disjunction||Separate item and socket fillers||Magical, Rare, Set, Unique, Crafted, Honorific items|
|Socketed item + Oil of Disjunction + perfect gem x3||Separate item and socket fillers||Nonmagical items|
|Uberquest Recipes||Sacrificial Heart x3 + Meditation Candle x3||Book of Summoning|
|Pearl of Wisdom||Returns next Pearl of Wisdom|
|Wirt’s Leg + Tome of Town Portal||Cow Level portal|
|Median XL Mod|
|Sections||Features • Challenges • Cube Recipes • Items • Bestiary • Game Mechanics|
|Classes||Amazon • Assassin • Barbarian • Druid • Necromancer • Paladin • Sorceress|